Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Underground Hero

My family is little different with other common families in China. My father's father is older than my mother's father about 30 years. So that i never know clearly about my father's father. somehow, my grandfather died in 1997, that day i asked to my father about my grandfather, my father told me that my grandfather is an underground hero. i was very shocked because i never know that before but the story is very exiting. it began at 1943 when China was attacked by Japan during the WW2. my grandfather is a great communist party member in China, who is tact, brave and sensitive. so that Liu Shaoqi, who was the vice chairman in China that time and he is also the leader of the Chinese underground party, asked my grandfather to go to Shenyang , where was already fall to enemy occupation, to build a network to focus on how to assassinate the enemy and how to transport medicines and weapons. My grandfather is so honest to Chinese communist party, so he received the mission and went to Shenyang to do his job. During the 4 years, 1943 - 1947, my grandfather assassinated 5 Japanese military officers and captured 200 advanced weapons. And also, he helped Red Cross to transport a lot of medicines to military front line. In 1953, the Chinese National Day, my grandfather was awarded the title “Underground Hero” by Chairman Mao. This is one story of my grandfather’s life, I can say it is only a part of them. Somehow, I really respect my grandfather. He is really a hero, an underground hero in China.

1 comment:

  1. In Botian’s essay “Underground Hero” she states that her grandfather was a brave soldier in china’s army. Also, during the World War II he helped his army and gave them more support. Moreover, he was a hard fighter and faithful in his job. After that, he became a popular hero in china.

    ReplyDelete