Friday, October 30, 2009

Blog Activity: No.2

Hi, everyone.
Sorry for being late.

What you are going to do in this activity is a little bit different from what I told you during the class today.
So please read carefully.

Saleh found the 9 interesting sentences.
So please choose only 1 out of 9 and write into both separated quotation and integrated quotation.


When you do this, please try to use “Introductory Verb” (Refer to WFS p.116 ex. believes, emphasizes etc…)

Ex, If you choose No.①,
Separated quotation: H. G. Wells notes “…………...“
Integrated quotation: H. G. Wells states that……………


Then, choose only 1 from the bottom and start!!

① If we don't end war, war will end us.

By H. G. Wells


② A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.

By Ingrid Bergman


③ Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you.'

By Erich Fromm



④ He dares to be a fool, and that is the first step in the direction of wisdom.

By James Huneker



⑤ Failure is success if we learn from it.

By Malcolm Forbes



⑥ "I never saw a pessimistic general win a battle."

By Dwight David Eisenhower



⑦ A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age.

By Robert Frost


⑧ A woman uses her intelligence to find reasons to support her intuition.

By Gilbert K. Chesterton

⑨ A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.

By Franklin D. Roosevelt


by Group #2

11 comments:

  1. 1. Separated quotation: H. G. Wells says, "If we don't end war, war will end us."

    2. Integrated quotaton: H. G. Wells states that If they didn't end war, war would end us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi doengda,
    you did a good job but i think the sentence number 2 should be changed

    for example,
    2. Integrated quotaton: H. G. Wells states that "If we don't end war, war would end us."
    I hope you got it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your remind. I got it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5.Sepreted qoutation:
    Malcolm Forbes notes "failer is the success if we learn from it."

    Integrated quotation:
    Malcolm forbes states that "failer is the success if we learn from it."

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2

    Separated:
    Ingrid Bergman declared, "a kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous."

    Integrated:
    Ingrid Bergman gives us an interesting phrase that "a kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks freinds, Thanks nk

    you guys did a good job

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dwight David Eisenhower notes, "I have never seen a pessimistic general win a battle."

    Dwight David Eisenhower states that "I have never seen a pessimistic general win a battle."

    ReplyDelete
  8. 9.
    separated: Gilbert K Chesterton said, "A woman uses her intelligence to find reasons to support her intuition".
    integrated: Gilbert K Chesterton said that "A woman uses her intelligence to find reasons to support her intuition".

    ReplyDelete
  9. 6.
    Dwight David Eisenhower said,"I never saw a pessimistic general win a battle."

    Dwight David Eisenhower said that "I never saw a pessimistic general win a battle."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Erich Fromm indicates, "Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you.'"

    Erich Fromm indicates that "Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you.'"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gilbert K. Chesterton said, "A woman uses her intelligence to find reasons to support her intuition."

    Gilbert K. Chesterton indicated that" A woman uses her intelligence to find reasons to support her intuition."

    ReplyDelete