Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sudden "bankrupt"

Sudden “bankrupt”
What I really want to talk about is the story of my grandfather. He is definitely my beloved idol.
My grandfather is born in 1930s. He is a typical Chinese who enduring the culture revolution in china during past times, which is so called the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution. At that time, people in china suffered a big change of their lives. My grandfather used to be in a big family which is really rich. The family owns the land and servants. They don’t have to work hard as they could just lend the land to farmers for growing plants and charge them fees. Everything goes well in the family until the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution approached.
There is a big change of people’s lives which followed the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution in china. As the president Mao supported more farmers who has lower level living style before to become rich, and started to against the riches and knowledgeable people. Every single one of riches and knowledgeable people suffering extremely ridiculous maltreats at that time. My grandfather became a poor and guilty person just because he is rich before. His family went through the bankrupt during the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution. So my grandfather had to work for feeding the family.
Although there are sudden changes happened to my grandfather, he still had been so strong to support the family. He never lived without a servants before, neither worried about earning money, but he just get to accustom to all the big changes that befall on him. Although the life is no longer the same for the families, he just makes the life easier to them. He worked so hard, but there are people in the family cannot fit themselves in the situation that has to be accepted no matter how. And my grandfather had to carry the responsibility to feed them. He just did it. I think that is definitely a huge contribution to the family that they all should be grateful and appreciated that as I do.
What he did making me understand that no matter how bad the situation is, if you cannot fix it, then you have to learn to accept it and find a way to at least make it better. He taught me a philosophy of life through his own experience. I hope everybody could notice that after reading my grand father’s story.

1 comment:

  1. The author use a big background to describe her or his grandfather's story and give the enough information.

    ReplyDelete