Friday, October 2, 2009

My grandmother

Everyone has stories about their ancestors. When I read the article of “Lost lives of women”, I can understand why there are a lot of women’s stories. In China, women stand up a big part of the family especially in the old time of China. A man can get married with more than one woman at the same time. This article told the story about each of women who was showed on the photo, for instance, mother’s story, grandmother’s story, mother’s grandmother’s story. They are all the women’s stories. From now on, I want to talk about my grandmother’s story. My grandmother is 87 years old and is an industrious person. She got married with my grandfather when she was young and moved into her husband’ family. So she needed to take the family’s burden early as a wife. She did a lot of housework and took care of her husband’s father and mother while my grandfather went outside to earn money. Unfortunately, when my grandmother was over 30 years old, my grandfather was gone. There was not economic support. My grandmother needed to support this big family including two old person and four young children alone. She went to the farm at 5:00AM and went back home at 8:00PM. She worked on farm year by year. Under her diligent work and good education to children, this family was full of happy although a little poor. Each of her children went to the school and got the good education. So, I respect and admire her. She also joined the institute of women in the small town. Due to her hard working, she was to be the chairman of the institute of women. Although she knew few words, she was very intelligent. She learned anything quickly and did them very well, so she was always praised by the most of villagers. This is my grandmother and she walks on her hard way for over the half of her life but she complete them very well.

2 comments:

  1. Grand mother accomplish amazing responsibility whithout loosing courage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your summary is very brief and almost contain same meaning to the paragraph.

    ReplyDelete