Friday, October 2, 2009

My mom's dad

My mom’s dad

My family consist of my brother and my mom. My dad is a painter for the painter’s union who paints things like water towers, bridges, and even got a chance to paint an amusement park. My brother also works with my dad and they both have had problems with drug addiction. My mom and dad are currently divorced because of they both went to prison when I was young. My mom’s dad or my grandfather was an alcoholic and used to beat women. He used to go out some nights and not come back for days. My grandma divorced him and married another man and now lives in Ohio. They had seven kids which includes my mom. They had 5 girls which is my mom and her sister Lisa, Lori, Linda, and Becky and had 2 boys which is my uncle Mike and Tim. They all have kids except for my uncle Tim but I’m not sure. My uncles were also beat by my grandfather on numerous occasions and my mom had to pretty much do all the work around the house such as cooking, cleaning, and doing my grandfathers laundry. My grandfather is still pretty young but he is in bad shape because he had a stroke pretty recently. He is now being taken care of by a woman who had married him sometime recently. My mom goes to see him every now and again, she says he is not all there anymore and that he looks like he is in bad shape.

2 comments:

  1. According to New American Gospel, his grandfather was an alcoholic, violent and left his wife at home by herself for a period. He beated not only women but his own children at times.Also, he made her wife do all the housework.Recently he has not been in good condition and taken care of another woman who he has got remmarriaged with nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. American Gospel i read this and i think the story is actually describing your family rather than your grand dad. The main idea is not focused directly on your grand dad.

    ReplyDelete