Monday, October 5, 2009

“Cinderello” Grandfather

My grandfather was like one of the old quiet, wise grandfathers from “Good night” stories. He always had to say something useful for life, and he always had that look in his eyes, like he have been trough a lot in his life. It was probably because he had a very hard life experiences. His life was very similar to life of girl from “Cinderella” fairy tale. His mother died when he was 6 years old, and than his father married another woman which was very mean to him. He did not have chance to finish college, because he had to work. But that made him want to read even more, that is probably the reason why he was so wise. When he married my grandmother he was working as a janitor in an elementary school, but he was never dissatisfied with his life. My mother always told me stories how he knew what to say, to give her confidence or make her happy. He never pushed my mum to finish college, but she told me that he was very proud of her when she got her college degree, she said that it was probably his life goal that he never reached. I do not remember him that much, but in my memory he was very mysterious person and I am said that I did not have a chance to spend more time with him.

1 comment:

  1. according to author, he states that his grandfather's life looks like a "Cinderella" that means his grandfather had a complex life. so that he ofthen told the author some great life experiences. and in ahthor's life his grandfather is so improtant to he and his family.

    ReplyDelete